Wednesday, September 2, 2026

from the shores of lake canada

It's no longer lake Michigan.  Because I say.  If google can be so broken it wears a gimp mask in public & apple can be so rich they'll disavow sensible design elements like headphone jacks, why can't I decide for my own damned self that Michigan is a rubbish name for a rubbish peninsular state, and they don't bloody deserve a lake.  Now it's lake Canada, and I'm pretty pleased with how easy the process was.  I didn't have to poll anybody, didn't have to fill out any forms or schedule a Youtube Instant Premiere 'signing ceremony'--  even though my favourite kind of televised ceremony does happen to be watching a senescent diapermonger pretend to write his name with a sharpie, there are only so many hours in a day --nope, just wrote "HELLO, MY NAME IS: LAKE CANADA" on a post-it and appended it to the No Lifeguards On Duty sign.  Voilà!  New, better lake.  It was that easy.

Why doesn't everyone do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment